Radio for Schools
“We are now offering radio broadcasting NPA as a study option for 5th and 6th years from next term.”
What is it?
Radio for Schools is an initiative to support schools to develop their very own radio station; this benefits pupils and staff by introducing a range of motivating, stimulating, engaging and exciting paths to learning. To date we have supported six schools and this number is growing.
What is included in the package?
- Friendly, local and professional service
- Support, advice and purchase of radio broadcast equipment to fit your budget requirements
- Installation of studio equipment
- Installation of PA speakers and connectivity between the studio remote speakers or other locations
- Bespoke training sessions & packages for staff and pupils, based on your aspirations and budget
- Aftercare support
- Guidance to link into National Progression Awards (NPAs)
Why would your school want a radio station?
There is a whole bank of reasons and benefits to having one - here are just a few:
- Live broadcasts in school (at lunchtime via provided speakers, via the internet, even FM!)
- Development of presentation skills & literacy development
- Development of ICT skills
- Learning audio production skills
- Development of creative thinking / writing skills
- Development of interview skills
- Development of planning skills
- Encourages teamwork
- Promotes inclusion
- Raises the profile of your school
- Supports development of journalism skills
- and plenty more!
Support is provided on a flexible & ongoing basis until the set-up is satisfactory and fit for purpose.
How much will it cost?
We can help you with sourcing equipment & with installation and setup, a range of training for staff and pupils and any other support as requested, including resourcing you to introduce Radio Broadcasting NPAs. We work to your budget (no matter how small) and our friendly and knowledgeable team provides bespoke packages of support dependant on your needs or aspirations!
For more information
Contact Tam on 0141 646 0123 or email@example.com
We can help you with sourcing equipment, installation and setup.